POF SMS verification
- You can only verify with a mobile number you own.
- You must be able to receive SMS texts to the mobile number you are trying to verify.
- You must have any call-blocking settings, apps or task killers disabled.
- You must have a working Internet connection through mobile data or Wi-Fi. If you're roaming or have a bad connection, verification may not work. Try opening www.pof.com on your phone's Internet browser to see if you are connected to the Internet.
How to verify
- Enter your phone number:
- Choose your country from the drop down list. This will automatically fill your country code on the left.
- Enter your phone number in the box on the right. Don't put any 0 before your phone number.
- Tap Next to request a code.
- Enter the 6-digit code you receive via SMS.
If you didn't receive the 6-digit code by SMS
- Wait for the resend SMS timer to expire and try to resend the code.
- Don't guess the code, or you will be locked out for a period of time.
Troubleshooting stepsIf you are having issues verifying, please try the following:
- Reboot your phone (To reboot your phone, turn it off, wait for 30 seconds, and turn it back on).
- Delete and reinstall the latest version of the POF app.
- Send a test SMS message from any phone to your own phone number exactly as you entered it in the POF app, including the country code, to check your reception.
We can't send your code via any other method due to security reasons.